Pages

Friday 28 May 2021

Punctuation worksheet

 

What is a full stop and when does it get used?

Full stops are a dot that is at the end of a sentence or a story. 


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a full stop.

  • My family moved to a new house.

  • I took my dog on a walk at 9.30am

  • It takes forever to put on your shoes.


What is a question mark and when does it get used?

A question mark is used when you ask a question.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a question mark.

  • Are you going to prom?

  • How much money do you have?

  • Do you live in a one storey house or two storey house?


What is a speech mark and when does it get used?

A speech mark is used when someone is talking.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a speech mark.

  • “Lets go to the park”

  • “Do you want some chocolate”

  • “Can I play with your toys”


What is a comma and when does it get used?

Comma is used when you are listing something and is used when you want a small break.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a comma.

  • I bought ice cream, chocolate, chips, and a drink for the movie night.

  • Before I go to bed, I always brush my teeth.

  • Once in a while, I get letters from my Dad.




What is an exclamation point and when does it get used?

Exclamation marks are used at the end of good and bad sentences. You could have been feeling  surprise, excitement or delight, but also anger, fear or shock.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of an exclamation point.

  • What are you doing here dad!

  • You did a great job!

  • The meal was so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.